The swim will take place at 10:30 Christmas Day morning 2017 on Southwold Beach near to Gun Hill. Spectators are welcome if you don’t fancy a dip. Fancy dress is encouraged. We ask all swimmers to raise some sponsorship money for their swim in aid of our chosen Charities. A medal will be presented to all swimmers who take part and raise sponsorship money. The money you raise will be divided between: Southwold RNLI, The Sole Bay Care Fund and The Southwold and Reydon Recreational Development Council
To register please read the rules and conditions below and then complete the form. Alternatively you can download a Registration/Sponsorship form using the link at the bottom of the page and return it to the address on the form. You can also just print the sponsorship part if you have already registered online. Please note only registered swimmers will be covered by the Rotary Liability Insurance, a copy of which is available to view on request.
Rules and conditions
- All swimmers must be 16 years or over on the day of the swim.
- All swimmers must attend a safety briefing prior to entering the water.
- Only registered swimmers will be covered by our insurance and will be allowed to take part.
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel the event at any time due to adverse weather or water quality issues. Any such decision will be communicated no less than 3 hours before the event via our website and social media sites.
- If swimmers have any doubt about their health and/or level of fitness, they must seek medical advice before participating. The organisers accept no responsibility for health issues arising from swimming in cold water and swimmers take part at their own risk.
- Swimmers are advised to wear footwear whilst in the water to prevent the risk of cuts to the feet.
- Swimmers must ensure they make adequate arrangements to safeguard their property when in the water. An accompanying partner is recommended.
- Any entrant who is believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to enter the water.
- Swimmers must obey the instructions from the R.N.L.I. personnel and Marshals.
- Fancy dress is allowed and even encouraged. However if it is deemed inappropriate the swimmer will be asked to correct their appearance.
- No item will be allowed in the water if it is considered dangerous to other swimmers. (i.e. sharp items etc.).
- Swimmers to provide a contact number to used be for emergency purposes. (eg. Next of kin)
Click the link below to download the Registration/Sponsorship form.